You are moving your EndpointSecurity installation to a new server and want to continue using your old SQL Database. When you use the import/export configuration tool, you receive an error stating that "The database settings were not imported because the Microsoft SQL Server is not reachable."
You require guidance on the proper steps to finalize this migration and address this error.
When migrating your EndPointSecurity, the import/export configuration tool only assists with moving the configuration, but not the underlying SQL Database. You can reference the steps below to guide you through the steps to move and then reconfigure your existing database.
- Move your Database
- Copying your SQL database can be accomplished in several ways. Microsoft details several methods within Copy Databases to Other Servers that you can reference.
- Note: Management of your SQL database is outside of the scope of GFI Support. Please consult your Database Admin for assistance with this move.
- Update the Database Backend
- Open your EndPointSecurity Management Console.
- Select Configuration > Options from the top navigation.
- Select Configure > Database Backend.
- From the right pane, click Change database backend.
- Select the SQL Server you want to use from the Server drop-down menu.
- Specify the name of the database in the Database text box.
- Select the authentication mode and specify the login credentials, if necessary.
- Click Apply and OK.
After migrating and setting the database connection, re-run your import/export configuration tool and verify that this correctly imports the database settings.