- Open the GFI EndPointSecurity configuration
- Click File and select Import and export configurations...
- From the Import and export configurations Wizard, select Export the desired configurations to a file and click Next
- Enter a file name and destination to save the backup configuration file and click Next
- Select the options desired to export for backup. If the entire configuration is desired, click the Select All, then click Next to proceed.
- Once the backup has been completed, it is recommended to disable any local Antivirus applications before upgrading
After downloading the installer, please right-click on the installer executable > choose Properties > click Unblock and Apply (if present) before running the installation.
Future blocks of GFI Software installers can be prevented by adding *.gfi.com to the Trusted sites within the internet browser.
- Upgrade your existing license key in the customer area using the Upgrade Key Procedure below
- Download the new version from our website: http://www.gfi.com/downloads/register.aspx?pid=esec
- Run the installer. The following will be performed:
- Installation pre-requisites (some may require a reboot). If a reboot is required, there will be an option to reboot at a later time. After reboot, continue the installation by re-running the installer.
- Uninstallation of the current version (configuration files will remain)
- Installation of GFI EndPointSecurity 2013
Upgrade Key Procedure
- Access to the customer area on the GFI website: https://customers.gfi.com/login.aspx
- Login with the appropriate credentials
- Navigate to the My Keys section, expand the current key and click the Upgrade link to produce a new key. This key is version specific and can only be used with the new version of the software.