Versions / Builds Affected
EndPointSecurity 2012 build 20120104
Patches from the auto-update are not applied correctly, and not all files from the patch are replaced. This can cause different issues depending on the files which are not updated, including UI crashes, agent deployment problems, events not being logged
TT / JIRAID
How to Identify
1. Collect a set of troubleshooter files
2. Open Data\toolcfg_updatehistory.xml
3. You would see that a patch was applied e.g. for Patch8:
- Control issue with CD/DVD devices
- Conflicts between encryption and mapped network drives
- Interaction with third party encrypted devices
- Conflicts with system Shadow Copy and Backup.
- Wrong check for license limit during auto discovery
- Updated the GFI certificates.
- Added UI optimizations.
4. Open trouble.txt and check if all the files included in the patch have the correct modified date
Workaround / Fix DetailsFixed in 20120928_ESEC2012_Patch09
Required Actions1. Ask customer to apply the latest patches through the auto-update and make sure 20120928_ESEC2012_Patch09 is applied.