- In the event you need to remove computers from GFI EndPointSecurity manually, you can do the following steps.
- It is imperative that you back up the toocfg_computers.xml file that will be modified prior to making these changes.
- Stop all GFI EndPointSecurity services.
- Find the toolcfg_computer.xml file in the ... \Program Files (x86)\GFI\EndPointSecurity 6\Data folder and open it in Notepad.
- Search (Ctrl+F) for the hostname.
- Delete the section for that computer that starts with
<Computer>and ends with
- Save the file. Restart the services that were stopped in step 1.
Note: In case you run into permission errors, copy the toolcfg_computer.xml out of the above directory before making changes. Then, replace the existing one.