Versions / Builds AffectedEndPointSecurity 2012 build 20120104
Problem SummaryExporting settings to XML from v3 and importing them to version 2012 does not work and returns an error:
"The selected file does not have the correct format"
TT / JIRAID224
How to Identify1. Try to import settings from a v3 XML file to ESEC 2012 using the import/export wizard
2. When you select the file and click next you receive an error "The selected file does not have the correct format"
3. logEndPointSecurity.csv shows errors such as:
2012-10-04, 11:07:52, 330, 0, e8, ce4, error, eseccrmi, ESECSettingsManager, ConvertSettings_300_to_400, Error loading group permissions node for servers.dta!
Workaround / Fix DetailsPossible workarounds:
1. Select the 'Import the configuration from another instance' in the wizard, and specify the v3 Data folder
2. Install ESEC 2012 on top of v3 and choose to import settings
3. Install the specific build from http://previous.gfi.com/endpointsecurity3.exe, import the config to it and export to XML again. The XML file from this build should be able to import successfully in version 2012
Required Actions1. Try the workarounds
2. If none of these work escalate the case